Some customers were experiencing difficulties installing NeuQs on a windows 2008 box with service pack 2. After testing we were able to replicate this issue and it is down to the installer being unable to speak to IIS7.0. Please note, that for Windows Server 2008R2, the only issue highlighted is the problem with SQL server which already has a workaround.
In order to install on windows2008 SP2, the installer will install everything but the website which requires manual installation. The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Using windows explorer, navigate to the NeuQS_Web folder in the directory where NeuQs was installed.
2. Run the file named 'IIS6Setup4.bat'. This will open a command window and ensure .net4 components are registered with IIS.
3. Open IIS.
4. Create a new application pool with the following details:
a. Name: Neuqs
b. .Net Framework: .Net Framework v4.0.30319
c. Managed pipeline mode: Integrated
5. Create a new site (right-click on Sites node and select Add Web Site.) using the following details:
a. Site name: Neuqs
b. Application Pool: Neuqs (the one just created)
c. Physical Path: point it to the NeuQS_Web folder.
d. Binding: you can keep the port to port 80 but in order to run the site you will have to shut down the default website. Enter the hostname if one is being used - please not if you are using a hostname, it should match the one used during the install. If it doesn't, the value can be changed within NeuQs admin to match.
6. Browse to the site and the Silverlight install message will appear or the NeuQs site will load if Silverlight is already installed. Log in using the credentials entered during install to begin configuration of the help desk.