When looking for Help Desk Software what must you consider:
1. Installation locally or Cloud based - NeuQs has both versions
2. If installing locally do you have the skills in the pre-requisite operating system and database
3. If working nationally or internationally the software must be able to run across the internet, so it needs to have a thin client or web browser interface
4. Price - this is often a key factor. What it your budget? Often with large help desk systems the price tag maybe large. Even when viewing systems or arranging a sales demonstration ensure you ask for a ball park figure as you could be wasting your time.
5. Authors location and support. Are the authors of the software local or remote, what support offerings are there? Do you need 24x7 support if issues arise?
6. When using a web based SaaS offering do you have guaranteed SLA on services? What happens on critical failure and do they have regular backups?
7. What if the help desk company goes bust? What happens to your software and more importantly what happens to all you open calls?
8. If you are using shared infrastructure i.e. the same database are your calls encrypted? Can anyone else see your data?
9. Often when using a 3rd party package is it branded using your logo and domain. You need customer lock in so the offering of a help desk that is your very own ensures that it looks professional and makes the customer feel better.
10.What if you get bigger? A low cost software option that maybe free for 3 users, what will you do when there are 4, as this method of up selling may make it more expensive in the long run.
Use NeuQs as your help desk system.
IT Help Desk Software